Monday, March 19, 2012

Some output from my cell/clustering software (code-named "Clusterf**k"). For comparison, I used a similar vector field for each. Each cluster has its own set of attributes including size, eccentricity, alignment with neighbours, orientation with respect to the field and a few others. You can get a wide variety of effects by playing with various distributions of these properties. I like that you can get cell distributions that are very different qualitatively.

In other news, I'm headed back to New Zealand to work on the Hobbit in about a month, so I'm wrapping this and a few other projects up. The biggest remaining task for the Clusterf**k is optimization -- the current algorithm is slowish, and I would love for to work at truly interactive rates. It works on arbitrary surfaces, not just 2d planes, and that flexibility brings a cost in speed.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home