Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The link to the jskFx code broke a while ago because I changed hosting. For those who are interested, you can download it here.

You can use it to do stuff like this:



I've been dragging my heels in fixing the link since the code, while mostly not bad, is frequently kind of crap. I'm very interested in dataflow programming, and the implementation in jskFx is reasonably solid and flexible, but it was written in the spirit of doing the simplest thing that could possibly work (which actually turned out to work pretty well), and I fancy that I could do a lot better second time round.

Also, I've been meaning to switch the license from GPL to something less restrictive -- LGPL, or BSD or some such. The code in the download link above is still GPL, but stay tuned, something friendlier is coming soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger More Than Chaos said...

Wow, that stuff iz really amazing, as for the 1st and 3rd effect i would suggest you to go further and do all of the tranformations leaving part of image containing person intact. Im very curious of how it would look like.

12:58 PM  
Blogger alexandrorodrigez said...

GPL v3 can protect you against patent trolling, BSD can not do this. It would be fun for you to get a suit from corporation that using your code...

8:51 PM  
OpenID remidakoj said...

Hi, can I buy a license for this software? How?

9:04 AM  
Blogger The Method Artist said...

Hi remidakoj,

If you want to use the library under a license other than the GPL, drop me a line at kevin dot atkinson at gmail dot com. I've been planning to re-release it with a less restrictive license, but I just haven't gotten around to it. The biggest obstacle is changing the license headers on all the files -- it's an hour or so of work that I keep putting off ;-)

Cheers,

Kevin

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home