Monday, May 26, 2008


Bouncy Pixels from Kevin Atkinson on Vimeo.


Bouncy Pixels Redux from Kevin Atkinson on Vimeo.

First new video effect in a while. It's quite simple, but you get a surprising diversity of behaviour and looks by playing with the half-dozen or so parameters that control it.

There are also a few enhancements I'll be making -- thresholding the perturbations to eliminate the constant low-level wiggling, using "blue noise" pixel distributions, rather than only a grid, and nicely composited pixels, maybe with feathered edges, rather than just circles which overwrite one another.

I used vimeo, since the youtube version just looked too depressingly awful, but apparently it doesn't work for everyone, so here are the youtube versions: first, second.

And here are the quicktime versions: first,
second.

Nuther one coming in a couple days. I'll try not scratching my nose half-way through this one....

2 Comments:

Blogger Kert said...

Hey Kevin, the vimeo videos aren't working for me... The QT looks great though. :)

8:09 AM  
Blogger The Method Artist said...

Oh, bummer -- I tried vimeo instead of youtube because the youtube version came out looking so dreadful. At any rate, I'll add the youtube links to the post as well.

Cheers,

Kevin

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home