Thursday, November 15, 2007



A 3d equivalent to this previous post. One extra dimension proved to be a lot of trouble, and roughly 1000 times longer to compute (this had to run overnight, albeit it with a not-terribly-efficient algorithm) . Happily, what I'm am working on at work is actually somewhat related, so it didn't cut into the main focus of my extra-curricular efforts, a short, sound-reactive film, the deadline for which is approaching with terrifying rapidity....

For the physics geeks in the crowd, this is a bust of Max Planck, reluctant progenitor of the quantum theory. I used his head for the sole reason that I needed a manifold triangular mesh of a human head, and his was the first I found, but it seems fitting that it was his head of all heads that I discretized into spherical quanta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home