Tuesday, October 16, 2007


I had this idea a long time ago, finally got around to implementing it this weekend. The concept is... well, it doesn't really matter, you'll figure it out. A kind of interactive fun-house mirror, I guess.

I'm starting to acquire a critical mass of code and techniques so that I can implement these things very quickly. I wrote the code in one weekend and still had time to mow the lawn and go grocery shopping.

Higher quality video here. For some reason, quicktime hung while trying to encode this, so the best I could do was a bloated cinepak avi.

P.S. If you liked this, you will probably like this, this and this.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kert said...

Wow! That one of the best ones yet. This is a music video waiting to happen :)

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u r too cool.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

Excellent work! Came here from a reddit link to the chipmunk-physics based balls/pixels thing which is just as awesome btw!

I take it that the camera must be stationary for these effects to work?

4:14 PM  
Blogger The Method Artist said...

Hey, thanks Adam! Yeah, in general, you want the camera to be stationary, although you can get some cool effects by panning and zooming, too.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home